Saturday, February 25, 2012

screenshots showing solution

After setting up
SQL2005express server with
mixed authentification I got the problem
1. I couldnt find a working ConnectionString
2. Studio2005 didnt connect to SQL any more
In the meantime I found that at least the following OLEDB-ConnectionString is working, when Im logged in as admin and can use Windows Autentication:
Provider='sqloledb'
Data Source='.' - without '/SQLEXPRESS' !!
Initial Catalog='MyDatabaseName'
Integrated Security='SSPI'
For details of SQL setup and code to test possible connetion strings
please see my homepage.
Martin
text of my question from 02 Dec 2005
I want to feed data of a C++ 6.0 project into SQL server and hoped that StudioExpress would give me the correct connection string in detail.
But my StudioExpress doesnt conntect to a SQL server configured for SQL-Authentication.
I made screenshote of the details an put them in subfolders of my homepage
http://home.arcor.SQL2005.
Does anybody know what exact connection string has to be used and which changes in StudioExpress AdvancedConnectionProperties are necessary to establish a working connection?

The above link contains a collection of screenshots with details of the problem.
In the meantime I did a standard setup of the whole StudioExpress2005 C# paket and put screenshots on my homepage where you can see the difference between standard setup and single SQLExpress setup in SQL-Authentication mode.
Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment