Saturday, February 25, 2012

Scrash OS, Win 2000 server while restoring SQL server database

Hi All,
I have a problem with restoring SQL server database:
OS: Window 2000 server
Database: SQL server 2000, SP3a
Hardware Configuration:
1 CPU P4 3GHz
HDD: 120GB (C:60GB, D:140GB)
Backup file size: 30GB
I want to restore it on D driver.
Restoring process went over 60% then an popup dialog show up that "Operating
system is shutting down" and count down time in 60 seconds.
After reboot, an error : "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to continue"
Windows can't boot.
Please tell me what problem I had and how to solve it.
Thanks in advanced
TNRemove the floppy disk from the floppy drive.
Remove any CD from a CD/DVD drive.
Try and reboot. If that doesn't work, use your recovery disk.
Geoff N. Hiten
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
"TN" <TN@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:416A7A3D-F9A6-4E29-991B-DC035D085C65@.microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I have a problem with restoring SQL server database:
> OS: Window 2000 server
> Database: SQL server 2000, SP3a
> Hardware Configuration:
> 1 CPU P4 3GHz
> HDD: 120GB (C:60GB, D:140GB)
> Backup file size: 30GB
> I want to restore it on D driver.
> Restoring process went over 60% then an popup dialog show up that
> "Operating
> system is shutting down" and count down time in 60 seconds.
> After reboot, an error : "NTLDR is missing. Press any key to continue"
> Windows can't boot.
> Please tell me what problem I had and how to solve it.
> Thanks in advanced
> TN

No comments:

Post a Comment