Saturday, February 25, 2012

scptxfr problems on sql 2005

Having used the scptxfr utility successfully on Sql 2000, I am trying to use it against sql 2005. I have had mixed results, in simple databases this seems to work ok however in complex databases the utility appears to hang, has any one had this problem or knows of a workaround?

Scptxfr.exe was a tool included with SQL Server 7.0 and 2000, but not with 2005. One option I've heard people using is located here:

http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=sqlhost&title=Database%20Publishing%20Wizard

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

|||In my experience it worked in SQL 2005 RTM earlier and after that had similar problem.|||

The tool probably works great in some situations with SQL 2005, but is not included with the product and thus not supported. I'd suggest trying some of the other supported tools.

Thanks,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment