Friday, March 30, 2012

Scripting

I've got SS 2000 on Win 2000 and need to do some o/s scripting to interact
with HP Openview for monitoring purposes. What I want to do is 1) pull the
location of the temp mdf using sp_helpfile and then 2) feed that into
Openview or just get the size directly using sp_spaceused and feed that into
Openview. [I have other scripts I want to run that would use osql.]
So the bottom line is that I need a crash course in vbscript (or any other
scripting language that you'd recommend that can run from the command line
and interact with Openview). How I can get this crash course? Any
books/sites that you'd recommend?Nevermind. I found an old thread of mine.
"CLM" wrote:
> I've got SS 2000 on Win 2000 and need to do some o/s scripting to interact
> with HP Openview for monitoring purposes. What I want to do is 1) pull the
> location of the temp mdf using sp_helpfile and then 2) feed that into
> Openview or just get the size directly using sp_spaceused and feed that into
> Openview. [I have other scripts I want to run that would use osql.]
> So the bottom line is that I need a crash course in vbscript (or any other
> scripting language that you'd recommend that can run from the command line
> and interact with Openview). How I can get this crash course? Any
> books/sites that you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment