Monday, March 26, 2012

Script to peg all CPUs

I'd like to get a script/application that would peg all the CPUs. I just
want to do some load testing, but dont really know how to get my CPUs
pegged. Can someone help ?
I just want to max them out for like a couple of minutes.
And this should work on both 2000/2005
ThanksHi Hassan
Do you want to set the affinity mask using sp_configure? See
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa196717(SQL.80).aspx
John
"Hassan" wrote:

> I'd like to get a script/application that would peg all the CPUs. I just
> want to do some load testing, but dont really know how to get my CPUs
> pegged. Can someone help ?
> I just want to max them out for like a couple of minutes.
> And this should work on both 2000/2005
> Thanks
>
>|||No, I dont want to set the affinity mask. I just want to run a SQL that will
have my CPUs at 100% processor time.
This is for some testing..
"John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:E58A3C20-0813-443F-A773-F4B721363D1A@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hi Hassan
> Do you want to set the affinity mask using sp_configure? See
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa196717(SQL.80).aspx
> John
> "Hassan" wrote:
>|||Hi
I am not sure why SQL Server would have this inbuilt? Try dropping your
indexes and re-running a trace using multiple threads.
John
"Hassan" wrote:

> No, I dont want to set the affinity mask. I just want to run a SQL that wi
ll
> have my CPUs at 100% processor time.
> This is for some testing..
> "John Bell" <jbellnewsposts@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:E58A3C20-0813-443F-A773-F4B721363D1A@.microsoft.com...
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment