Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Script User Roles

I have created a user role in my SQL 7 database. I would like to copy this
role to 8 other servers. I created the role using Enterprise Manager. Can
you advise how to query this out to SQL Script so that I could just run the
script on the other servers to create the role and then assign users as
required.In Enterprise Manager you can script database and select option to script
roles and permissions also. Then find in the generated script related T-SQL
by role name (starting from sp_addrole and below).
Martin Rakhmanov
"dtatham" <dtatham@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:79CC672A-B46A-4F2C-9CC1-F7DAE8772DB8@.microsoft.com...
>I have created a user role in my SQL 7 database. I would like to copy this
> role to 8 other servers. I created the role using Enterprise Manager.
> Can
> you advise how to query this out to SQL Script so that I could just run
> the
> script on the other servers to create the role and then assign users as
> required.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment